THE PULL OF THE MOON







Oh the moon is in her wonderful elegance tonight.
The first full moon of the year, and a blood moon at that.
As she pulls on the tides, she also pulls at my innermost being…
...gently asking…

What do you want?
Let’s have a deeper look a this.  When I make a list of my wish list of desires, I realize that most items, if not all of them are the illusions of pursuits and short term quick fixes to sooth my longings.  I get frantic in the orchestrating complicated strategies to consume them all, until I only find myself exhausted, discouraged and more unsatisfied than ever.

Last year, the rhythm of this question came to me over and over again.  I had to look at what it was that I truly wanted from my life, what I needed to have experienced before I took my last breath.  I had to look at the way I love, the way I live, and how I explore my own existence in ways that bring me simple fulfillment.

Dreams can get stale in their illusion, ambitions can be a protector of our fears, and desires just a sexy drug.  There is so much more waiting for us, when we let go of what we think we want, or should want, and really dive into our hearts pull from the moon of our existence.
We were created to be here…. that is our genesis
What that looks like, we get to choose

The flip side of this is the paralyzing terror of being free to even look at what we want.  Oddly enough, I wonder if this is indeed our greatest inhibitor as a human race … the fear of wanting - not lusting, we are excellent at that, but tapping into our soul and embracing our wanting.  Because what lurks behind the curtain of wanting, is a posy of consequences.

Responsibility is probably the greatest pack leader – If we know what we really want, then we have the responsibility to create our life in response to this.  This threatens our comforts in blaming others, and staying safe under the radar.  The other consequence is the diligence of protecting and fighting for what we are allowed to have.  Forfeiting is much easier than losing.  We so often get caught in the ultimatum of happiness – if I get what I want, then I have to lose it.  So it’s easier and safer to forfeit.
Here is where we have to decide:

If what we are pretending to want is really worth
the hardship of not getting it, or getting only disposable hits
… or …
If pursuing what we really want in this tiny sliver of time,
and following the road that leads us into the pull of the moon,
could actually be worth it.

All the philosophies in both Deities and Science
throughout space and time are aligned in one thing
… you are here …
That’s all we know for certain …
So … what do you want to do with that?

As the moon presents her fullest self to you this evening,
try to sit in her glow.

Anywhere from a long walk, or sitting in a ritualistic ceremony, or just stealing a peek out the window with a deep breath – quieten and listen.

If she was to sit with you and tell you the secrets of why and what you're allowed to want, and even that it is the source of why you’re here … what would she say to you and only you?
**************************************************************************

Journal Questions

~ Make a list of things that you want

~ Cross off the items on that list that are things that you wish you had. (yes, there's a difference, listen carefully)

~ Now explore and come up with a statement that clarifies what you really want from this perfect miracle of being here and now.  What would be the gift of abundance given to you from the moon herself bestowing all that you deeply long for …







Popular Posts